All images from Juliette Crane’s “How to Paint and Owl” ecourse
Here are some of the features:
- One login for all features (classroom, discussion group, photo gallery)
- Customizable header, background image, color scheme, and sidebar
- Each student had a profile they can update
- Classroom blog is easy to update with photos, videos and text
- Schedule lessons and receive an email when they are posted
- An organized forum for all questions and comments
- Create forum topics for each lesson, keeping questions and responses all in one place
- Students can subscribe to the topics they are interested in
- Receive and email when a student contributes to a topic
- Easy to use forum promotes discussion and allows students to help other students too
- Discussion Group is within the same unified log-in, so no added administrative tasks
- Students can easily upload photos
- Easy photo navigation
- View photos as thumbnails or a slideshow
- Students can comment on each photo
- Students’ name and photo description appear under each photo
- Photo Gallery is within the same unified log-in, so no added administrative tasks
Q. What is an ecourse?
A. An ecourse is an internet based class designed for collaborative learning and teaching.
Q. Will you help me develop content for my e-course?
A. I can point you in the right direction with course layout, pictures, and video, but you will need to provide the actual content.
Q. I’m interested in running an ecourse for something outside of art. Would this work for me?
A. Yes. The intention for this ecourse website is that it could work with any subject you are passionate about sharing with others.
Q. Can you help me customize my header and background?
A. Yes. I can help you create custom images for your ecourse.
Q. What if I’m only interested in the classroom blog and discussion group?
A. That’s OK. We can remove any components you don’t need and maybe even add some extra functionality.
Q. I already run an ecourse on another blog. Can I transfer my existing posts to this ecourse website?
A. Usually Yes. We can migrate the content to your new ecourse website, depending on how your current ecourse is setup.